Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chocolate Lover's Cream Cheese Cake With Lavender Ganache

I'm not a baker at heart. I have very little passion for cakes, and I don't like frosting. Once in a while, however, something stands out, and I get excited enough to try it. It was the case with this recipe.
A Betty Crocker's original, I've made a couple of changes to suit my taste: omitted the nuts (see "Filling" in the link above), and instead of the store-bought frosting I made a delicate chocolate ganache with a hint of lavender. The end result is far from disappointment:


A simple chocolate ganache is very easy to make:
  • 1 cup cream
  • 1 cup semisweet (or bittersweet) chocolate chips
Heat up the cream just until it's steaming, then add the chocolate, constantly stirring, and remove from the heat immediately. Ganache burns quite fast, so it is important to follow these three steps diligently. For extra touch of elegance, I  added a tiny pinch of dried lavender flowers.



What I really like about this cake is that it's not heavy, not overly sweet, and is chocolaty to the core. Can't go wrong with that, can ya? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment