Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Tawna's Ridiculously Easy Pineapple Chicken... It's ridiculously good!

I got inspired to make this chicken without even asking for it. Don't you love when that happens? :)
First I must spill the beans though: it's technically not "Tawna's" recipe. She is claiming all the credit for her fiance Cory, since he is not much of an internet guy :). But it's cool with me. I give her credit for sharing.

We used boneless chicken breast and fresh pineapple. I'm sure canned sliced pineapple can be used as well.

Since I did not have the exact proportions of the ingredients (and most of the time I don't measure anyway), I just mixed things according to how much chicken I had.

  • Eight boneless chicken breasts
  • 6 oz Dole Pineapple Juice (or if you're using canned pineapple, just drain your can here)
  • 6 oz (or so) BBQ sauce (we used Pendleton's "Let's Buck")
  • 1-2 tsp Chicken seasoning blend (we used Tombstone brand)
  • four cloves of garlic, squeezed
Combine last four ingredients in a zip lock bag, add chicken, and marinate for at least few hours.

Grill your chicken until done. Rich likes to use the indirect heat method, which makes for an incredibly juicy and tender breast, but it does take a bit longer. Well worth the wait though!

If you're using a fresh pineapple, core and slice it.
Pineapple takes about 6 minutes to grill (flip halfway through) on medium heat.


While things are grilling, put your marinade to work. It makes a terrific sauce! Thanks to my husband for the idea :). I sauteed some shallots, added  remaining marinade from the bag, and brought it all to a boil. A generous splash of white wine (the one I planned on serving alongside :)) adds a nice touch too! Now turn it all the way down to a gentle simmer. It will be ready when the grilling is done.

Once the chicken is cooked, top it with the sauce, and serve with your grilled pineapple on top, with rice.


This meal is so ridiculously cheap and easy to make it's...well.. ridiculous!!! :)

Tawna, Cory - did we come close to your masterpiece??

Total cost: $3 per person (and there were plenty of leftovers, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment