Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Breakfast of the Champions :)

This great little hash was inspired by a terrific place in Hood River, Ore. called Sophie's. I was very impressed by their herbed creme frache, and how nicely it tied all the flavors in their smoked salmon hash. So I set out to make my own.
There are two spices, which are the main staple of this dish: smoked paprika (for the hash itself),  and fresh tarragon (for creme frache).



For my smoked salmon hash I fried in a cast iron pan (in small amount of olive oil):
  • potatoes, cubed
  • onions, diced
  • red bell peppers, diced
  • corn kernels (I used canned)
  • smoked salmon lox
  • smoked paprika
  • freshly ground black pepper and salt
For creme frache I whipped together:
  •  Table creme (I usually buy the Nestle brand)
  • Sour creme (just a tsp. or so - depending on how much table cream you use)
  • Fresh tarragon, finely chopped
And of course, perfectly poached eggs - courtesy of my husband, who is a semi-professional egg poacher! :)

A few shreds of smoked gouda added a wonderful touch. I think I'll make this one again! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment