Tomato-garlic bruschettas. What's more there to say?! Oh, that it's very healthy too? Go ahead, fall in love!
All you need is:
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced (or any other tomatoes will work)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 10 medium fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A loaf of crusty Italian bread (we used a baguette)
- Extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, chopped garlic, basil, and salt & pepper. Add 4 TBS of olive oil, and mix well.
Slice the bread, drizzle with olive oil on both sides, and
grill lightly (or place under the broiler briefly).
Now the final step. Rub your slices of bread with halved garlic clove for some extra flavor, and top with tomato mixture. Be generous. It's very good :). Serve immediately.